Neck Pain Relief
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain ReliefLicensed and experienced chiropractors can ensure safe spinal adjustments in the neck area to help you with your pain and underlying condition. our chiropractic care for neck pain relief can provide you with a non-invasive, safe, and non-addictive treatment option. Our treatment techniques help reduce joint misalignments and restrictions in the spine. This can help minimize inflammation and enhance the function of the joint and the nervous system. The practice helps in the better management of any discomfort in your neck.
Diagnosing Neck PainSo, how do we diagnose your neck pain problem before creating a treatment plan? We will conduct an evaluation of the complete spine, as other areas of the neck including the thoracic (mid-back), and lumbar (low back) may also be affected. One of the core practices of chiropractic treatment is that we will treat you as a whole person. We focus on treating much more than just the symptoms.
Before we determine the treatment approach, a thorough examination is conducted to diagnose the underlying cause of the pain. This can include:
- Finding any areas with restricted motion
- Taking a look at how you walk and noticing any changes in spinal alignment and posture
- Getting a better understanding of your body mechanics
We will also check your medical history and require you to take imaging tests. A thorough diagnosis will help us understand the root cause and create the right treatment plan for your neck pain issue.
Neck Pain Relief from Chiropractic TreatmentsWe can use a combination of manual therapy, spinal manipulation, and other chiropractic techniques to provide relief care, corrective care, and maintenance care. Some of the spinal manipulation techniques that we use include:
- Flexion-distraction technique involves gentle spinal manipulation using hands. It uses pumping action on the intervertebral disc in place of applying direct force.
- We use specific spinal manipulation to restore movement. This is a type of gentle thrusting technique.
- Instrument-assigned manipulation involves the use of hand-held instruments to apply non-thrusting force on the spine.
We also use a variety of manual therapies to provide neck pain relief. This includes manual joint stretching/resistance, instrument-based soft tissue therapy, trigger point therapy, and therapeutic massage. Your actual treatment plan will eventually be based on your diagnosis.